Monday, February 28, 2005

Car wreck

I had to inspect an office in my old home town the other day, and OH what a joy that was! *insert sarcasm here* Anywho, I had a nice lunch with one of my old school friends and then drove around and remembered my first major car accident. I was 16 and dad had bought me a 1970 Chevy Monza. (Yes...I said MONZA) Much like Nightmare, my car was a lovely shade of turd brown. It must have been a popular color, back in the day.

I left home for an evening out and not even 5 miles down the road at the T junction, I stopped. An old cotton head was in a pickup signalling to turn onto the road I was on. So, I proceeded to pull out...and then WHAMO! She ran right into my door, spinning my car a full 180 degrees. I looked up in the mirror and saw that blood was gushing out above my right eyebrow and my contact was floating on blood! IT WAS FREAKY LOOKIN! A friend of mine was working up the road and ran down to the accident. He called dad and the ambulance. The ambulance people apparently thought I was near death, as they shoved this huge heavy tarp thing on top of me and opened my door with the jaws of life. How cool is that?!?!? THE JAWS OF LIFE...yeah, it sounds neater than it actually was. It ripped off my door and they shoved me on this really hard board and stuck a big thing around my neck. We then proceeded to the hospital where I received only 8 stiches. I sat up and said "Damn, this was a brand new sweater!" (It was completely soaked in blood. Its amazing how much a cut in the head will bleed.

Well, I left the hospital with my friends and got a ticket for C & I. It didnt matter that her signal was on even after the accident. The cop said "Never trust a signal".

I had two black eyes and my head was really swollen. I didnt go to school, but a boy that I absolutely loved, more than life itself, came to my house. I almost died. He had come to look at my car. I thought..."Great, he doesnt give me the time of day in school, but comes to my house when I have 2 black eyes" I did what every love-sick teen does. I threw on some perfume and a pair of shades and went out to talk to him. Apparently wrecking your car is the way to a mans heart. He was ALL about it.

I guess the moral of the story is, if you want someone to notice you...wreck your car real good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home