Monday, February 21, 2005

12 Miles!!

Well, I ran 12 miles this weekend and I didnt die. I actually felt pretty good. I choked down this apple cinnamon energy gel at 6 miles (tasted like the inside of a McDonalds apple pie) It was really thick and hard to swallow. I think if I had more things to think about, it would maybe be easier. I tried the manilla folder idea and for about 3 miles it was great. I had not only envisioned what was inside the folder, but I had fully decorated it (several times) by the time I hit 4 miles.

I'm starting to think that runners really are crazy. To avoid my thoughts going to my leg pain, tiredness, or other negative stuff...I would try to think about anything else. And it was starting to get a little bit weird. At first it was normal stuff like how I would redo someones yard or guessing who drove what car. Then I would wonder if I could live in a certain ditch or if I could fit in drain pipes. I wont even tell you the other stuff. You may not come to my blog anymore. Lets just say...2 hours is a long time to 'think'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home