Monday, December 27, 2004

~Its finally over~

I had a great christmas!! I will tell you about some of the high points...

I took the 22nd & 23rd off so I could do last minute shopping and bake cookies. I ate so much cookie dough and cookies I had a tummy ache for the better part of both days. It prolly didnt help that I drank 1/2 bottle of wine both nights. ANyway, we had lunch at my in-laws on christmas eve (oh the joy...) She made ham. I'm really not fond of ham, except maybe in ham and beans. She also made 'what she called twice baked potatoes'. I dont know how you guys make twice baked potatoes, but she baked the potatoes and mixed them up and just stuck them back in!! No bacon, no onion, no cheese!! I was so pissed. Thank God we had dinner at my dads that night. He had prime rib (OMG SOOOO GOOD) and mashed potatoes with cheese and bacon mixed in, sugar snap peas and pumpkin pie for dessert. All was not lost. We opened gifts next. I got my dad the original 1st season of wonder woman. He loved linda carter. He opened it and his eyes got as big as saucers. He said "she used to do this spin thing, and I always wished her top would fall off" LOL he is such a goof. After that we went to the candlelight service at our church. We all took communion, and grabbed our candle and lined up outside of the pews. We happened to be right in front of the heater, which happened to click on right while we were standing there. It was so hot in my dads house and now this. My son looked over, and said he thought he might be sick. I was kinda hoping he would get sick on the old batalacks in front of us. They were a couple cotten heads that wouldnt shut up about what some gal was wearing... We finally got to leave after baking for about 20 min.

Christmas day I was so damn tired. My mom and stepdad came down. We opened presents and then I made french toast and bacon w/ orange juice and coffee. It was good. They left and we all sat around. I ran 4 miles that afternoon and took the tree down that night. Enough is enough.

The highlight of my vacation was this. I watched 'Napolean Dynamite' at least 5 times. I laughed so hard I cried everytime I watched it. We are gonna buy it. I would highly recommend it. Hope you had as good a christmas as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home