Tuesday, December 21, 2004

*Memory lane

Well, I finished most of my christmas shopping. I took a walk down memory lane and went into the toy store. My boy is 16 and I dont have anyone small to buy toys for anymore. I couldnt believe my eyes! What were all these toys? I couldnt even figure out some of them. I saw this one stuffed animal doggy thing that said 'I can talk'...I couldnt figure out for the life of me, how to get this damn dog to talk, short of throwing it to the ground and beating it savagely. Well, then it happened.... a wee person of prolly about 3-4 yrs old came up beside me and gently touched the fluffy doggys ear and it began to talk. I was so pissed.

Whatever happened to easy to play with toys? Like Stretch Armstrong. I remember when I got my first Stretch Armstrong and would put one of his feet under my foot, and pull his arm as far in the air as possible. After a few weeks, I remember being bored with him and doing a small surgery. I sliced open his arm to find a mushy sand substance. I taped it shut and sliced his leg next. Apparently, I needed to know if the sand stuff went all the way through his body. Later that day some of the sandy crap gooed out onto the carpet and dad made me throw him away. *sigh* those were the days....

Thank goodness I had my good ol sit-n-spin and weeble wobbles to fall back on!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home