Friday, September 07, 2007

Little Rock marathon

Most of you know I've run one marathon. Well two years later, I have the bug again. I am going to do the Little Rock marathon. At least I'm pretty sure I am going to. I have only one real reason for doing it. It has THE largest medal in the USA. Last years medal weighed a full pound. It is 7 hours from my house, so I can drive it without too much hassle. I am a little worried. I ran the Lincoln marathon in 5:11:19, and I contribute my poor time to the lack of training and the fact that the last 6 miles I ran into a 50 mph headwind. That being said...Little Rock is a much more challenging course. And by challenging, I mean its got hills. And from the sounds of it, it has one from the 13-16 mile mark (the point I was the most tired in Lincoln) and a big hill at mile 25. Yikes!

At least when I did Lincoln I had only 2 long runs over 18 miles in. This new schedule has me running at least 4 before the race.

Wish me luck and if you've run Little Rock, let me know how it went. Here is where I've been reading about it. Let me know what you think.
http://www.marathonguide.com/races/racedetails.cfm?MIDD=1880080302

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home