Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sticky bun disappointment

I had to inspect an office in Jamesport last Thursday. (home of the Amish around here) I always get excited to go there because of the warm friendly atmosphere and best of all... thier homeade sticky buns. They are the size of my head and just melt in your mouth. I guess walking around barefoot and never taking an indoor shower makes you one helluva baker. I suppose the no tv thing has something to do with it too.

Anyway, I'm on my way to the office and decide to make short work of the inspection. The sooner I finish, the sooner I can devour the little piece of heaven. It was dead and there were no patients in the office. (Excellent!) The office manager was quick and thorough. It made me wonder if she knew I had an alternative motive for being in her quaint little town. I thanked her and left.

I headed down the main street. At this point, my mouth is all but watering. I get out of my car and very quickly walk to the doorway to the bakery. I pull on the door, but it wont budge. (WTF?) I look at a small sign on the door and it reads "Closed on Thursday". I stood in shock for about a milisecond, then without any thought or warning I yelled, "Well, Son of a Bitch!"

Apparently, that was something I shouldnt have said out loud. A few Amish men across the alley looked at me and I could have sworn, bolts of lightning shot from thier eyes and flew through my head. They quickly looked away as if the devil himself was standing right there in front of thier beloved bakery.

I got back in my car and left. Fuck those turds. Whoever heard of being closed on a Thursday anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home